NIEBNA is looking for a Coordinator to support our work. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Administrative Services. Prepare materials for (and attend) meetings of the Board of Directors; work with the Board of Directors to monitor community issues and take responsive actions as appropriate; manage relationships with the City of Minneapolis and its departments, particularly the Department of Neighborhood and Community Relations; work with NIEBNA’s officers, board members, and other contractors (e.g. accountant/bookkeeper) to prepare applications, reports, filings, reimbursement requests, and other administrative communications.
- Communications & Community Engagement Services. Monitor NIEBNA email address and respond to messages as appropriate; coordinate communications and community engagement using a variety of tools and channels (e.g. website, e-newsletter, social media, etc.); develop and implement community engagement initiatives in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Organizational Development Services. Work with the Board of Directors to: review, revise, or create policies and procedures; recruit and develop new board members; launch new committees or work groups; align organizational resources with organizational priorities.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position requiring approximately 30 to 40 hours per month. Some evening and very occasional weekend work is required for meetings and events.
The pay for this position is $30 to $40/hour, depending on qualifications. NIEBNA does not have an office, so the independent contractor must have their own office, printer, and internet access. NIEBNA will supply a computer, or the independent contractor can use their own.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have all or most of the following:
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Familiarity with Nation Builder, WordPress, Squarespace, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp or similar applications.
- Experience working with non-profit or community-based organizations.
- Knowledge of neighborhood organizations.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Review of applications will begin in late October. The position will remain open until filled. Please send any questions to: [email protected]