With snow in the forecast, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is excited to share its new Trail Plowing Status map. When snowfalls accumulate to two inches or more, the online tool shows real-time plowing activity from MPRB maintenance crews on park trails and sidewalks throughout the city.
Park staff and patrons can use the map to see where and when MPRB's established plowing routes were cleared; they can also submit requests, issues or complaints related to snow and ice (see more information below).
Snow and ice requests
MPRB makes every effort to have snow removed throughout the park system within 24 hours after a snowfall ends. Delays may occur due to blizzard conditions or other severe weather; in these circumstances, we thank everyone for their patience and understanding.
If it's been more than 24 hours since a snowfall ended and an area needs attention, please report it:
- Online MPRB Snow Event Request Service
- Email [email protected]
- Phone 612-230-6400 (MPRB Visitor Services; 8am to 4:30pm, Monday–Friday)
Note: Parkways are cleared of snow by the City of Minneapolis.
The City's snow emergency webpage has info on parking rules, routes for city streets and parkways and more. MPRB's parkway maintenance webpage has additional information.
Snow safety tips
- Use caution and take your time when walking, biking or driving in parks and on parkways.
- Bicyclists must yield to pedestrians on shared-use trails in winter.
- Get up-to-date information from the National Weather Service's Hazardous Weather Outlook report.
More information: https://www.minneapolismn.gov/getting-around/snow/