The NIEBNA board needs your voice. The greater diversity of people involved in our board, the more our neighborhood thrives and remains a wonderful place to live, work, learn, play and grow—for everyone: renters, homeowners, students, elders.
It is the policy of the Association that Directors represent as broad a spectrum of the Neighborhood as possible.
Board elections are held each fall at our Annual General Membership meeting.
HERE ARE 8 REASONS TO RUN FOR THE NIEBNA BOARD:
- You want to stay on top of what’s happening in the neighborhood.
- You want to contribute your voice to ensure our neighborhood is a diverse and vibrant community.
- You want to meet your neighbors, city officials, developers and local business owners.
- You want to flex your leadership muscles—or learn how to.
- You want to learn about community engagement, neighborhood organizations or nonprofit boards.
- You want to give back in an easy, meaningful way.
- Rather than complaining, you want to be a part of finding solutions.
- You love our neighborhood—and want others to love it too!
What does board membership involve? We’re happy to have a chat with you and share what we know.