With Focus on Renters and Seniors (55+) per the community engagement plan.
- Open from Apr 25, 2022 to June 1, 2022
- 245 people completed the survey (4 paper + 241 online/electronically)
- 23 people added to mailing list.
- 27 expressed interest in volunteering, becoming a building ambassador or running for the board
How We Got The Word Out
- Marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Nextdoor
- Shared in e-news (NIEBNA x2, Southeast Seniors)
- Two in person events, at The M and Falls and Pinnacle
- One street survey completion – many choose to scan QR code and complete online.
- Removed duplicate entries by name and by IP address (being cognizant of shared homes and apartments.)
Overall Survey Results
- Senior Focused Survey Results (click to access)
- Renter Focused Survey Results (click to access)
- All Survey Results (click to access)
Common ground was found between renters and seniors in the top ways the community could be made better. In the top three for both was beauty and amenities and services.
Top categories for renters: Beauty, Amenities and Services and Shared Resources
Top categories for seniors: Beauty, Safety, Amenities and Services
Common ground was found between renters and seniors in the top ways the community could be made more beautiful. In the top 6 for both were: more trees, public art, pollinator friendly areas, habitat restoration and trails.
Common ground was found between renters and seniors in the top ways the community could have more amenities and services, including more coffee shops, restaurants and pharmacies