An engaged community is the cornerstone of any great neighborhood.
There are many ways to get involved with the Nicollet Island-East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA), from one-time volunteer opportunities to board positions.
Contact us with questions - [email protected].
Here are 5 ways you can get involved.
1) Join the mailing list. Join now
Stay informed and receive important information about the neighborhood, unsubscribe at any time.
You will receive meeting reminders, important news updates, and other information. Your email address will NOT be provided to any third party.
2) Share your suggestions. Share now
No matter how big or small, we would love to hear your ideas about improving the community we share!
3) Volunteer – Bring YOUR ideas. Share now
Volunteering can help you make friends, learn new skills, advance your career, and even feel happier and healthier. Past opportunities included trash pickup, event management, greeting neighbors, hosting pop-up events and more. We would love to learn what ideas you have to give back and volunteer in the community and connect you with other neighbors who are also giving back.
Share NIEBNA events, news, and neighborhood happenings in your building. Our neighborhood is full of rental properties, from adorable duplexes to modern new buildings with over 300 units. No matter what the size of the building, we want to help all of our neighbors be connected to events, issues, and news that affects the neighborhood. Building Ambassadors can be management, staff, or residents.
5) Volunteer - Become a board member.
If you have time and space to get involved, please consider running for the NIEBNA board of directors. The greater diversity of people involved in our board, the more our neighborhood thrives and remains a wonderful place to live, work, learn, play and grow—for everyone: renters, homeowners, students, elders.
- Represents the neighborhood before the City, Park & Recreation Board, and other units of government.
- Coordinates with the Northeast Business Association (NEBA).
- Encourages citizen involvement.
- Informs about legislation, government policies, city plan changes, etc.
- Provides forums for conversation.
- Sponsors neighborhood events.
- Supports public safety initiatives.
- Guides development and redevelopment of the neighborhood consistent with the NIEBNA Small Area Plan.