We believe an engaged community is the cornerstone of any great neighborhood. Please get involved if you are a resident, business, or property owner within the Nicollet Island-East Bank neighborhood.
- Join the newsletter mailing list. Join now
- Attend a Board Meeting. RSVP for an upcoming meeting
- Become a Member. Sign up now
- Volunteer – Bring YOUR ideas. Share now
- Volunteer - Become a Building Ambassador. Learn more | Apply now
- Volunteer - Become a board member. Current Board Members | Apply now
- Donate - Donate now
Rich in history, the Nicollet Island – East Bank area was first inhabited by Dakota, Ojibwe, and other native peoples. The neighborhood was platted in 1849 and joined the City of Minneapolis in 1872.
This area is home to a thriving community, with breathtaking river views, trails, restaurants, shopping, and much more! Our growing neighborhood association advocates for a welcoming environment for all to live, work, and play in the heart of the city.
The ultimate goal of Nicollet Island – East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA) 501c(3), is to pay attention to what is happening in and around the neighborhood, both specific events and longer-term trends, so that we can take prompt action to remedy problems, and so that we can take proactive actions to improve the quality of life in the Nicollet Island – East Bank neighborhood.
View an interactive map of businesses in the area: here*