The Nicollet Island-East Bank Neighborhood is the oldest and smallest neighborhood of the City of Minneapolis. Our growing neighborhood association advocates for a welcoming environment for all to live, work, and play in the heart of the city.
The Nicollet Island – East Bank Neighborhood Association's ultimate role is to pay attention to what is happening in and around the neighborhood, both specific events and longer-term trends, so that we can take prompt action to remedy problems, and so that we can take proactive actions to improve the quality of life in the Nicollet Island East Bank neighborhood.
PURPOSE AND ROLE OF THE ASSOCIATION
- Represents the neighborhood before the City, Park & Recreation Board, and other units of government.
- Coordinates with the Northeast Business Association (NEBA).
- Encourages citizen involvement.
- Informs about legislation, government policies, city plan changes, etc.
- Provides forums for conversation.
- Sponsors and supports events.
- Guides development and re-development of the neighborhood consistent with the NIEBNA Small Area Plan.