Nicollet Island East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA)
Pay: $30 per hour
Type: 30 hours per month, contract position
Project Coordinator position offers an opportunity to use your creative talents to support the citizen participation efforts of the Nicollet Island East Bank Neighborhood Organization (NIEBNA). We are a local non- profit responsible for identifying and developing solutions for community needs. A top priority for NIEBNA is to improve citizen engagement. NIEBNA is led by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The Project Coordinator position provides administrative services with an emphasis on communications and engagement activities. As the sole staff position for NIEBNA, Project Coordinator also prepares meeting materials and attends Board and Committee meetings, takes meeting minutes, pays vendors, monitors neighborhood issues at the City and with surrounding neighborhoods, and works closely on community initiatives with the volunteer Board of Directors. The Project Coordinator works independently and remotely except for attendance at meetings.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of all City policies relating to neighborhood associations
- Ability to communicate with City Staff and the Park Board on behalf of NIEBNA.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines for preparation of meeting materials, minutes, and execution of board directives.
- Excellent customer service skills including both oral and written communications
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion
- High level of personal and professional integrity including ability to represent neighborhood in a positive manner and maintain confidentiality on business matters
- Experience with hosting business meetings, both virtually and in person, and familiarity with Robert’s Rules of Order preferred
- Understanding of how to make payments to vendors
- Tech-savvy and proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, SharePoint, and similar office software
- Ability to develop and execute electronic outreach strategies and maintain current communications such as eblasts, website updates, general correspondence, develop text for written materials such as postcards and newsletters
- Talent to identify new opportunities to leverage social media to expand connections to diverse audiences
- Understanding of equity and social justice issues and experience working with diverse populations
- Aptitude for learning new technology quickly and developing improved business processes
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]. We would like to fill the position as soon as possible.